My grandfather Robert Boardman came from a family of five children. One child did not survive. His father was Edmund Boardman and his mother was Charlotte Anne McMurray.
Edmund and Charlotte’s family included:
1. Edmund James Boardman born on 26 June 1876 in New Brunswick, Canada. He died 12 May 1934 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. He married Jesse Potter Duncan on 14 August 1908 in RM Louise, Manitoba, Canada. She was born in 1882 and died 1 August 1955 in Wade, Ontario. They had 3 children that I have been able to determine
2. Zelia A. Boardman was born about 1880 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. I have no further information on her. My Aunt Aileen mentioned that there was another baby but she didn’t say anything more. Zelia was not on the 1881 Canadian census so I assume she died.
3. Robert Boardman was born 8 September 1881 in Shediac, New Brunswick. He died on 27 November 1945 at Steilacoom, Pierce Co., Washington. He married Ethel Adella Brown on 28 August 1905 in St. Paul, Ramsey Co., Minnesota. They had 3 children. Robert and Ethel are my grandparents. They are buried in West Seattle in the Forest Lawn Cemetery. Their children were featured in a previous post dated April 12, 2010.
4. William Thomas Boardman was born 17 January 1885 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He died May 8, 1945 in Pasadena, Los Angeles Co., California. He married Daisy Emily Alice Colbeck on 7 July 1908 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. They had two sons.
5. John Henry Boardman was born 2 April 1886 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and died 15 January 1957 in (West) Seattle, King Co., Washington. He married Laura Eleanor Cuthbert on 1 February 1921 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Laura was born 8 May 1891 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She died 26 December 1983 and is buried with John in West Seattle in the Forest Lawn Cemetery.
I will write more on each of these families in future posts.