In September of 2014, I visited the Strathroy Municipal Cemetery, south of Strathroy, Ontario and tried to find as many Ward surnames as possible.
At this point, I do not know how my Wards fit in with the other Wards in Middlesex County, Ontario.
As a member of Find A Grave I have been adding cemetery memorials with tombstone pictures to existing cemeteries. The Strathroy Municipal Cemetery is featured on Find A Grave:
Here is a list of those Ward surnames that I have added to this cemetery listing at Find A Grave. I have included tombstone pictures but warn that if they were on the ground and covered with debris it was hard to get a good photo.
1. Catherine Sarah Ward, 1846 to 1915 wife of Daniel
2. Clifford Stewart Ward, 1923 to 2001
3. Daniel Ward 1844 to 1933 – He might be another son of Benjamin & Sarah Ward.
4. Earl M. Ward 1920 to 1921, son of George & M. Esther.
5. Eliza P. Ward 1877 to 1881
6. Eliza P. Luckins Ward 1883 to 1944 wife of John F.J. Ward
7. Emily J. Ward 1880 to 1881
8. Florence E. Ward 1870 to 1954
9. George J.S. Ward 1886 to 1955. His wife is M. Esther McDonald
10. George Ward 1849 to 1936 may be a son of Benjamin and Sarah Ward.
11. Harriet Jones Ward 1846 to 1928. This is George Ward’s wife. In addition there is a Joanna Furey Gill on the same tombstone.
12. Hopper Ward 1854 to 1930 his wife is Sarah M. Fitzgerald
13. John F.J. Ward 1883 to 1964 his wife is Eliza P. Luckins
14. John H. Ward 1865 to 1936
15. M. Esther McDonald Ward 1886-1947
16. Mary Isabel Ward 1931 to unknown
17. Olive Louise Ward, ? to 1905 is daughter of Hopper and Sarah.
18. Rachel Brown Ward 1856 to 1936 wife of Richard Ward
19. Sarah Ann Ward 1874 to 1890
20. Sarah M. Fitzgerald Ward 1858 to 1949
There may be more that I have added with different surnames but this is the Ward section.
The cemetery is very large but the Strathroy Public Library has a cemetery transcription book with maps to assist you if you need to find someone. I do not know how all these Wards fit together so if you know who they are please leave a comment at the end of this post. The other option is for you to go to Find A Grave and target the stone you are interested in and find my name at the bottom in the Created by link and leave me a message.