In past posts on this blog, I have shared about the lives of George Brown and his wife Esther King Brown. Let’s review what has been written about this couple, who are my 2nd great grandparents. Their son Richard Brown married Emma Ward and settled in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Their daughter Ethel Adella Brown Boardman is my grandmother.
Here is a list of posts I have written that share information about George and Esther King Brown. You can review them by using the Archive box on the right of this blog and choose the month and year.
- George and Esther Brown – A Long Life! September 26, 2010
- Esther Brown Agrees to a Guardianship? October 9, 2010
- Estate File for Esther Brown! October 25, 201
- Esther’s Land in Burnside! October 29, 2010
- George & Esther Brown of Burnside, Lapeer, MI, November 2, 2010
- George & Esther Brown’s Children, December 4, 2010
- Ontario Wanderings: Lambton County Archives, September 21, 2014
- Michigan Wanderings: Lapeer County, Ontario, September 23, 2014
- Michigan Wanderings: Fox Farm Cemetery, September 23, 2014
In 2012 and 2014 I traveled to Hastings County and did research at the archives in the area. Because George’s brothers Thomas and Philip stayed in Hastings Co. I found much more information about them and their lives then I did about George and Esther who migrated from the area and settled in Wyoming, Lambton County by 1858.
Apparently George was very restless and he again migrated to Lapeer County, Michigan and was there by the 1870 census.
What I would like to do in the following posts is share about the children of George and Esther King Brown, here is a quick summary of these children:
- William Henry Brown 1834-1892
- Margaret Ann Brown 1836-1879
- Jeremiah Brown 1837-1901
- John Brown 1838 to 1912
- Elizabeth Brown 1840-1893
- George King Brown 1842-1919
- Matilda Jane Brown 1844-1930
- Richard Brown 1846 – 1922: my line – Richard and his descendants have been featured in many posts on this blog.
- Esther M. Brown 1848-1886
- Isabella Brown 1851-1929
My research is a mix of a little of mine and several other cousins who have given me their consent to share. The children listed above eventually ended up in British Columbia, Manitoba, Florida, some remained in Lambton Co., Ontario and Michigan, and Oregon.
Before I start sharing, I have taken a break and traveled to southern California. This involves the other side of the family, my Dad’s old New England heritage. His Delano/Keller connection and then follow that up with some fun. I will write about it in the blog titled: Solomon Goss of Fearing Twp. In Ohio.