This page will cover the Brown Family posts that have been written on this blog. There may be a little overlapping with the Boardman’s but I will try to make that clear.
I am creating pages for each family grouping to help make it easier to find the posts written about that family. This will make it easier to find study the information and I highly recommend that you do that and not just jump around. Please read the posts carefully it is important. Always feel free to ask me questions and request copies of original documents or suggest updates for genealogy always changes as new information comes to light.
Blogs are not the best for doing searches and can be confusing. As the author I sort of know what is going on. I have made copies of my posts and put them into a Word.doc so I can search it and I have a Table of Contents of the posts making it easier for me to find things.
There are three ways to search this blog:
Use the Archive Box on the right side of the blog and find the month and year and click and it will give you a listing of posts written during that time. So if you use the dates below you can find the post you are looking for and see it in sequence. Blogs go from past dates to present so they are backwards from a book.
Use the Search box on the right of this blog to search using key words like a person’s name, the location, topics like Mayflower etc.
Seek out the Categories which I have tried to organize by surname, cemeteries, locations and subjects. The list is auto alphabetical within the grouping, so you need to scroll looking for what you want. There is a number next to the category telling you approximately how many posts that the category. It may not find all references to the keyword you are using, although I strive to be careful and diligent.
Blogs are backwards from a book, so the oldest posts are the first. So you could technically go back to the beginning and go forward through the blog. I strive to do the genealogy in a chronological manner but not always for this is also a story about their lives and family connections make it very complicated. When I start writing about a family, I do a summary post of the family of a specific couple listing their children and then try to follow it with more detailed posts about the children and their families if it works within the concept of the blog. If you see revisiting in the title it means I have found new information or am going back to that person or couple and adding more detail.
The Brown Family of Canada an Overview
Robert Boardman and Ethel Adella Brown Boardman and her parents and the author grandparents.
- Two Families Merge – A Marriage, April 5, 2010
- A Find: Richard Brown and Emily Ward, May 2, 2010
- The Browns: Richard and Emma/Emily’s Family, May 11, 2010
- Richard Brown finds Emma Ward! July 27, 2010
- Richard and Emma Marry! August 7, 2010
- A Possible Picture: Richard Brown? August 18, 2010
- Richard Brown’s Origins! September 17, 2010
- The Brown and Boardman Families Arrive in Winnipeg., January 8, 2011
- About Winnipeg, January 28, 2011
- 1891: The Richard Brown Family! February 18, 2011
- Revisiting City Directories: Winnipeg. March 4, 2011
- Ethel Adella Brown – Growing Up, April 2, 2011
- The Brown Family 9101, May 24, 2011
- Emma Ward Brown Passes, June 10, 2011
- A Son Became of Age: Charles Ward Brown, June 20, 2011
- Charles Ward Brown Remarries, 1909, June 25, 2011
- Charles Ward Brown Passes in 1935, July 10, 2011
- Charles Ward Brown Jr., July 22, 2011
- Richard Brown After Emma! August 5, 2011
- Arthur Ward Brown – His Life in Winnipeg! August 13, 2011
- Arthur Ward Brown Passes 1968! September 15, 2011
- Richard Brown Dies July 1922, September 28, 2011
- Richard Brown’s Legacy, October 13, 2011
- The Brown Family Plot in the St. John’s Cemetery, Winnipeg. October 27, 2011
- St. John’s Cemetery, Winnipeg, Manitoba. January 8, 2013
- Family Photos – Brown Family Memories. November 12, 2012
- More About Emma Ward Brown, July 25, 2014
George and Esther King Brown Family, father of Richard Brown the author’s great-grandfather.
- George and Esther Brown, A Long Life! September 26, 2010
- Esther Brown Agrees to a Guardianship! October 9, 2010
- Estate File for Esther Brown, October 25, 2010
- Esther’s Land in Burnside! October 29, 2010
- George and Esther Brown of Burnside, Lapeer Co., Mi (Michigan) November 12, 2010
- George and Esther Brown’s Children. December 4, 2010
- Revisiting George and Esther King Brown, September 27, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: William Henry Brown, October 10, 2015
- George and Esther KIng Brown’s Children: Jeremiah Brown and Elizabeth Steadman, October 23, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: Margaret Ann Brown Lamotte 1837 to 1879 and family, October 30, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: John Brown 1838 to 1912 and family, November 6, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: Elizabeth Brown, November 14, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: George King Brown and Maud Cecilia Hunt…November 20, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: Matilda Jane Brown and William C. Clements, November 27, 2015
- Matilda Jane Brown and William C. Clement’s Children, December 4, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: Esther May Brown, December 11, 2015
- George and Esther King Brown’s Children: Isabella Brown and William McIntosh, December 16, 2015
William and Elsie (Alice) Tymond Brown’s family, the author’s great great-grandfather.
- George’s Parents William and Elsie Brown, December 23, 2010
- William Brown Revisited. July 18, 2014
- The Children of William Brown & Alice/Elsie: Thomas Brown, August 23, 2014
- The Children of William Brown & Elsie: Phillip Brown, August 27, 2014
- The Children of William Brown & Elsie: Henry Brown, August 29, 2014
- Revisiting Henry Brown in Oil Springs, Ontario. February 20, 2015
William and Alice/Elsie’s children and families further information:
- The Brown Families of Hastings Co., Ontario. March 21, 2015
- Thomas Brown and Mary Johnston of Hastings County, Ontario. Their Descendants. April 4, 2015
- Thomas and Mary Brown’s Children: Henry Brown 1841 to before 1920, April 10, 2015
- Thomas and Mary Brown’s Children: Elizabeth Brown Bateman, April 24, 2015
- Thomas and Mary Brown’s Children: Philip Brown and Elizabeth Patterson: Their Family, May 1, 2015
- Philip Brown, son of Thomas and Mary Brown and the Heir & Devisee Case File, May 8, 2015
- Thomas and Mary Brown’s Children: Thomas Brown 1846 to after 1921, May 15, 2015
- Mary Johnston brown Vance’s Children: John, Robert, William and Margaret, May 23, 2015
- Saint Thomas Anglican Church Cemetery in Belleville, Ontario, May 29, 2015
- Philip Brown and Margaret McMurray of Hastings Co., Ontario and their descendants. June 5, 2015
- Philip & Margaret Brown’s Children: William Brown 1843 to 1922. June 12, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Francis Brown Clements 1843 to 1933, June 19, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Alice Maria Brown Wellman, June 26, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Thomas Henry Brown, July 10, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Diana Brown, July 10, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Matilda Jane Brown Downey 1851 to 1936, July 17, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Alvina Brown Woodrow 1855 to 1943, July 24, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Margaret & Harriett Brown, mysteries…August 1, 2015
- Philip & Margaret McMurray Brown’s Children: Elizabeth Brown Cooke, August 6, 2015
Happy Hunting! You can find me at firstname.lastname@example.org