My trips to Canada are completed. I might go back but we will see. Here I will make a list of the posts that cover those two trips.
The second trip took me to New York State, Southwestern Ontario into Michigan and back to Ontario going east to Kingston and on to Montreal. From there I dropped down to New York State and returned to Buffalo to end my trip.
Update 4/17/2016: These trips are a mix of research on my Mc/MacDonald side (paternal) and maternal side which is this blog about the Boardmans and Browns. So to find more about my trips to Canada who might want to consider the blog The Man Who Lived Airplanes for more information. See the right side of this blog for the link.
To find these posts use the Archive box on the right panel of this blog or the Search box to locate a post.
Here are the posts I wrote about my travels for the year 2014:
- September 11, 2014 The Second Trip to Canada – New York to Ontario – Niagara Falls
- September 12, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Niagara Falls the Canadian Side.
- September 14, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Port Dalhousie, Ontario
- September 16, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Hamilton Cemetery
- September 17, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: London, Ontario – The Anglican Diocese of Huron
- September 18, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: London Public Library in London, Ontario
- September 19, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: London Middlesex County Chapter of the Ontario Genealogical Society
- September 19, 2014 Ontario Musings: Strathroy, Middlesex Co., Ontario – The Clock Tower Inn
- September 20, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: The Strathroy Public Library and Museum
- September 20, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Several Strathroy Cemeteries (4th Line Methodist/Zion and Strathroy Municipal)
- September 21, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Lambton County Archives
- September 21, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: The Wyoming Cemetery in Wyoming, Ontario
- September 21, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Petrolia, Lambton Co., Ontario
- September 22, 0214 Ontario Wanderings: Oil Springs and their Cemetery
- September 22, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Sarnia and the Blue Water Bridge to Michigan
My visit to Michigan following the migrations of my 2nd great grandparents George and Esther Brown.
- September 23, 2014 Michigan Wanderings: Lapeer County, Ontario
- September 23, 2014 Michigan Wanderings: Fox Farm Cemetery
- September 23, 2014 Michigan to Ontario Wanderings: Back to Ontario
Back to Ontario and heading east
- September 23, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Wardsville, Ontario and on to Toronto
- September 24, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: The Archives of Ontario
- September 25, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: The Ontario Genealogical Society and North York Library
- September 26, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Peterborough & Trent University
Returning to familiar territory in Hastings County and Kingston.
- September 27, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Stirling Cemetery a return visit…
- September 27, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Belleville and the Inn by the Rose Garden
- September 28, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: St. Thomas Church & Cemetery
- September 28, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Tweed and The Heritage Center
- September 29, 2014 Ontario Wanderings: Kingston & The Diocese of Ontario revisited
Shifting the focus to the blog The Man Who Lived Airplanes:
- October 3, 2014 Ontario, Quebec, New York Wanderings
These posts are for the Brown Research and are part of this blog on my first trip to Ontario in the Spring of 2012, but before I went on that trip I visited my cousin in Kelowna to share about the Brown family history.
My trip to Kelowna, B.C. in April 2012 was to visit my Brown cousin who had done a great deal of research on the Brown family and I am grateful. Here is a list of the posts with their dates so you can review them if you wish. Click on the Archive box on the right side of the blog and you can select a month and year.
British Columbia a Special Place, April 20, 2012
Seattle to Cloverdale, April 28, 2012
Cloverdale Library in Surry, BC, April 30, 2012
Surrey to Kelowna, British Columbia May 2, 2012
Getting to Know Kelowna BC, May 4, 2012
A Tour of Kelowna Cemeteries: May 5, 2012
Okanagan Lake – A Tour!, May 7, 2012
Father Pendosy Mission, May 8, 2012
Back the Way We Came – Merritt to Hope, May 9, 2012
Harrison Hot Springs, May 10, 2012
Bridal Veil Falls & The Fraser River, May 11, 2012
ONTARIO posts are as follows with this trip following about a month later:
- Exploring Ontario: Lanark County to Hastings County, June 18, 2012
- Hastings County: Rawdon Twp. & Stirling, June 19, 2012
- Hastings County: Stirling Cemetery in Stirling, Ontario, June 19, 2012
- Hastings County: Stirling to Trenton – Quinte Public Library, June 19, 2012
- Hastings County: Belleville on The Bay of Quinte!, June 20, 2012
- Hastings County: Belleville Public Library, June 20, 2012
- Kingston, an Anglican Diocese Office, the OGS Conference, June 20, 2012
If you want to see the other side of the family the McDonald’s, you can visit my other blogs: The Man Who Lived Airplanes covering my tour of the Upper Ottawa River and Glengarry and Solomon Goss of Fearing Twp., In Ohio where I posted about my visit to the statue of Colonel John Butler in Ottawa. See right side of this blog to find their links.